August 9, 2013 by stpaulhaus
For a background on what this business is all about check out the other posts in this series:
Haus #3: The Tile Tavern
- 1500 sq feet
- Listed right at our budget
- 2 story with amazing and huge open front porch
- Year Built: 1911, 102 years old.
- 3 bedrooms
- 1.5 bathrooms
- Hardwood floors, built-in, some original molding and trim, but the previous owner did this house a serious injustice with tile in the dining room.
- On a busier street, but very close to Adrian’s work (he could easily walk daily)
- Has some decent landscaping that I could work with
- Exterior of the house is in pretty good shape, just needs some major cleaning
- Big yard
- The roof needs some work
- The basement was wet behind the walls in the finished area
Here is how Haus #3 measures up:
On budget?: Check! Right on budget.
2 story single family home: Check!
3 or more bedrooms: Check! 3 bedrooms but 2 of them are rather small.
Main level bedroom: No main floor bedroom
2 bathrooms: Check! 1.5 bathrooms.
Large yard: Check! Pretty big and lovely yard with a granite patio area.
2 car garage: No garage, but there is plenty of off street parking and room to build one
Charm and character with natural wood work, molding, hardwood floors, fireplace, etc: Check! The majority of the original woodwork remains and it has hardwood floors, however, the previous owners went a little overboard with tile in the dining room that doesn’t go with the style of the home.
Target neighborhood: Check! Very close to Adrian’s work, but it is on a busier street.
Good house but unfortunately it does need a garage $$$, and I truly do not understand what they were thinking with all the tile in the dining room–it really takes away from the character of the house and it will be hard to replace with hardwood flooring that actually matches the old maple in rest of the home. The yard is awesome and so is the front porch–probably my most favorite feature of the house.
So how do you think the Haus #3 The Tile Tavern fairs? Should she be the next STP Haus?