August 4, 2013 by stpaulhaus
So it has been pretty quite around St. Paul Haus the past month and a half. I do apologize that I threw out that last post with the news that were are selling our beloved STP Haus without much warning, a full explaination, or any follow-up correspondence.
For those of you that you that we have seen and talked to in the last month you are probably already aware of all that has taken place over the past month, but the majority of you are not. Here is a timeline of has happened over the past couple months at St. Paul Haus.
1) We put STP Haus on the market with a conservative asking price
2) We received multiple offers in the first 2 days
3) We accepted an offer for $10k over the asking price
4) Buyers inspection took place and they asked for a couple minor fixes that we were able to do ourselves in less than 30 minutes
6) 3 appraisals took place. Yes, 3.
7) Another inspection required for the buyers financing took place
8) The buyers were required at the last minute to hire a contractor to do some minor painting on the garage in order to receive their financing
9) Closing was pushed back by a week to complete the required painting and is scheduled to take place at the end of the week.
In the mean time we moved all our belongings into storage, and we have rented a very small and fully furnished condo that is close to downtown. We are currently looking for another fixer-upper that has everything we could ever want and more, on a strict budget. Easy right?
I am not able to really continue blogging about home renovations when I don’t currently have a home. In the mean time I thought it would be fun to play a little game of “Haus Hunters” while we continue our search. More to come on that later.
I’ll stop holding my breath come Friday.
Anyone else out there putting your home on the market or looking for one yourself? Lets talk real estate!